potterton combi 80 boiler on blink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one help....? i have a potterton combi 80 boiler at the moment the ch has to be turned on to get any hot water but when you turn the tap on it's red hot for about 10 secs the go's luke warm also when the ch is on the rads upstairs are hot but the rads downstairs are cold also the pressure on the boiler is on 3 to 3.5 but if i let the pressure off it just goes back up after a while i've checked to make sure the water tap is turned off properly and it seems fine PLEASE can anyone HELP any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Diverter valve or DHW demand switch failed!

Read up on this fault which results in one or two postings a week!

Tony

You have problems....

You need to replace the DHW diaphragm flow switch, it's would be a good idea to replace the microswitch as well.

The filling loop needs to be disconnected and capped, this problem has probably caused your expansion vessel to fail and your PRV is almost certainly u/s.

Sponsored Links
a stuck/non working diverter valve and worn or blocked pump, or sludge in the rads, could also be contributing :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back