Potterton Combi 80 no hot water no heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello hope someone can help me out with this very perplexing problem.
I have a potterton combi 80 about 6 years old at the moment have no HW or CH I have followed the fault finding chart which indicates that the frost stat needed replacing have done this but still no joy.
This is what is happening- When calling for hot water the led light on the board inside comes on the fan runs pump spins but no ignition or any form of spark.
When turn central heating on no led light fan does not come on pump does not run bo spark or flame.
I have checked that the pipes to the air pressure switch are clear.
It might help if I could track down a copy of the user manual but have had no luck finding on ptterton website where else could I look?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Nick

Sponsored Links
I would be seeing if the APS is actually operating before going on to the next thing to check.

Having said that the APS rarely gives any problem on that model. I dont think I have even encountered a fault in that area.

Tony

nick.c said:
It might help if I could track down a copy of the user manual but have had no luck finding on ptterton website where else could I look?
Parts Arena Catalog
» Potterton
» Boiler
» Combi
» Combi 80 (GC No. 4739303)
» User Instructions
» Combi 80

http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/

When you get there navigate to Catalog » Potterton » Boiler » Combi » Combi 80 (GC No. 4739303) » Installation Instructions » Combi 80

Check the fan, sometimes they stiffen up
Ignition a.k.a. sequence pcb's go quite often on these ,
sometimes I come across sensitive overheat stat.

BTW boiler is same as a Potterton Puma

Sponsored Links
thanks for the quick reply chaps,couple of things to check out there
im no boiler engineer,im actually a felt roofer,but ive been working through the problem with a guy who was reccomended to me as" knowing a bit about boilers" and he definetly knows more than me,but he dosent exactly fill me with confidence.dont suppose theres anyone in the coventry area who would be willing to take a look.real cash money on offer if you can fix it

nick

[email protected]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back