Potterton Electronic PCB (type 407676) issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

When switch on the boiler does not fire up, but a clicking noise coming from the circuit board; this clicking noise is coming from the relays on the board, trying to set (but instead of click and set continuously trying to switch) . This clicking is continuing (and boiler does not fire up)until the boiler is completely switched off. I can see the SG1 firing inside (blue spark ). The fuse is fine, no visible burnt out parts etc. and no dry joints on the board. I think the noise is one of the relays is trying to set but it does not happening. (The boiler starts with a big click when switched on, and a fan or a motor starts running but does not getting fired up). I believe something wrong with the circuit board.

I would be very grateful to you, if you could please let me know which parts may be required to be replaced or whether the problem is with the circuit board ( and whether the Circuit board needs to be replaced, or what else I need to be checking)?

With thanks and regards, DY

PS: Boiler is Potterton Netaheat 10/16 Electronic and the circuit board (Boiler Control) type no is 407676.

Sponsored Links
If its getting as far as firing the spark gap then I would expect that its something other than the PCB at fault.

But we are not permitted to give advice on gas/combustion issues here.

So the only advice would be to get a gas safe registered engineer.

If the fault was the PCB then replacing all the electrolytics might effect a cure but can also be the relay contacts.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back