Potterton Envoy won't fire up for Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Moved into our house in February, central heating and hot water working very nicely indeed. Now the warmer days are coming I've got a problem with the hot water, or lack of it.

The boiler seems to fire up fine for C/H, but doesn't fire up for Hot water. Also strangely with the room thermostat turned down to minimum the radiators still come on on a warm day!

I think the hot water works with the central heating on, but doesn't seem to work with the c/h turned off at the control panel.

The boiler is a potterton envoy, with a Honeywell C27 control panel.

Any ideas ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you a 3 port or 2 x 2port motorised valves. i would suspect this would be the problem ;)

Hi Dave

I think it is a 3 port valve, I'm assuming this is the small aluminium box sitting above a junction where 3 pipes meet in the airing cupboard?

cheers

John

Sponsored Links
There could be any one of several problems but you could start with the motor valve.

I went to repair a boiler a few weeks ago and found that the room stat was wired backwards and they had never noticed.

Its nice to hear of a Potty Envoy thats worked for four months without failing.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back