Potterton Gold 28 HE Combi Boiler pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Would be very grateful if someone could help with following issue.

Our boiler (7yrs old) has started to lose pressure fairly quickly (over the course of a day but sooner if boiler in use a lot). I have re-pressurised according to the instructions and boiler then operates fine but then for the first few hours the pressure runs at around 3 bar. Reading the manual this indicates that the pressure relief valve should kick in and let water out of the outlet pipe reducing the pressure but I am not seeing any water coming out. There are no obvious leaks at any of the radiators and no trapped air. Boiler sounds fine when in operation.

We have the boiler serviced every year by Heateam, with last one being in September. The issue was happening only a few times back then (maybe once a month). Unfortunately I did not completely catch what the engineer said it could be (pressure sensor issue?). Is there anything else I can do or should I just get an engineer out to look at it?

Sponsored Links
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:49 am
Your expansion vessel needs checking/recharging, it's in the FAQs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back