potterton housewarmer 45 locking out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone help me my backboiler keeps locking out i had pcb & gas valve changed about 9 months ago worked fine for a while but know has gone back to same prob.

Sponsored Links
I would never expect both PCB and the gas valve to have coincidentally BOTH failed at the same moment unless the gas valve failed and blew the PCB. Although rare this can happen.

Its more likely a result of the fixer not being able to diagnose tha fault and changing one part after another.

Its probably a completely different fault and perhaps the same problem as before???

Tony

I had a very similar re-occuring problem with this model of boiler at a customer's house last year.

In the end I removed all connections from the main board, user control board and gas valve, cleaned the connectors with an old toothbrush and re-fitted. The ignition electrode wire was sleeved with a heat proof sleeving (from a new Suprima PCB kit :cool: )

So far, so good. <Nips into garden to find a large piece of wood>

As this operation needs the gas fire front to be removed you need to use a CORGI as gas connections are disturbed.

It may just be time for it`s service if the pilot has got bit of dust etc in it that will cause lock out if it cannot ignite properly.

Sponsored Links
Agree with namsag.

I have had quite a few with this problem. Sometimes adjusting the spark gap will sort it.

yep new injector n electrode IMO before changing gas valve n box, what you doing with one of those horrible old things :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back