Potterton Housewarmer 45 - pilot clicking but not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Potterton Housewarmer 45. Yes, I know it's old.
The pilot igniter is clicking but will not ignite the pilot then reset button trips out. I have tried lighting the pilot manually, but there is no gas coming through although there is definitely gas to boiler. What is the most likely problem? Is there a common fault on these boilers?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
blocked pilot, faulty gas valve....something like that probably.

really needs looked at by someone competent.....they wont thank you for having to take that relic apart though :D

dogruss said:
Potterton Housewarmer 45.
Is there a common fault on these boilers?

Potterton..... Probably the PCB then!

When was it last serviced?

The gas valve is pretty robust but the pilot assy isn't!

hello

further to comment about old relic from nikso I have one of these and its serviced and cared for regularly and outshines any new combi's you can buy today, yes you need someone competent to take these apart purely because no - one knows how to cope with these now a days and quite frankly they are inexperienced and not interested there are plenty of old school engineers who are, and mine lives on because of this.

Sponsored Links
Love these old girls. I would not be jumping in without first getting the basics checked. PCB may well be suspect but pilot burner and injector and leads need to be checked and any "old school" engineer could do this for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back