potterton kingfisher mf 50 boiler flashing flame LED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what does this indicate, main problem was rads had gone cold, checked CH/hw controller CH was on.on boiler it self pilot light on and burning,on control front of boiler, flame green led is flashing while at the same time here a clicking sound,as this is happening the main burner will not ignite thus rads not getting warm.thermostat set to full.then 20 mins later flame led goes solid main burner ignite ,rads get warm.this will only be on for 10 mins before main burner goes off,and flame led starts flashing again and repeats the cycle again.

Sponsored Links
It seems you have a combustion related fault and this will need a competent boiler engineer.

Hopefully it MAY only need some cleaning and adjustment!

I suppose you have never had the boiler serviced!

Tony

british gas engineer was in yesterday to service boiler,since then this fault has occurred.I am now in dispute with british gas has they have assured me that it was working when she left!!!!!!co-incidence?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back