Potterton Lynx 2 PCB problems

If you had been in London and you had called us then we would have charged a diagnostic fee of £84 plus £60 to supply and fit a replacement pump. By total coincidence that totals £144 !

I cannot immagine who you can get who is going to supply and fit a condensing boiler for only £700 though!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Folks, sorry to dredge up an old thread.
But I was amazed to come across it!
I was googling for overheated resistors!

I have had to resolder these a couple of times now and they certainly look like they have been getting hot.[fist time I had to repair quite a few bad joints]
I am no fan of just patching up things without correcting the problem but have no idea what is causing it or whether they run very hot normally.

If anyone has any further info I would be interested.

Many thanks

Mark

You are not meant to add to old postings!!!

Does your Lynx have a clear space around it for a cooling air flow?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony
Oops!

Yes it does have space around it.
The pcb traces all look OK too no other signs of overheating, just those two resistors [69k&27k] overheating.
They still measure ok, but they obviously get hot enough to soften the solder.
Which means for some reason they are being made to dissipate far more power than they are meant too!
The last time I re soldered them was about 2 years ago.
Things were stable until a little while back when I began to hear that tell tale relay clatter.
Obviously i could fit higher rated resistors and or heat sink them , but well erm, that would not be solving the problem just working with it...

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back