Potterton Lynx 2 ' no lights not working' ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton Lynx 2 demand & ignition lights are not coming on & boiler not firing up on either DHW or CH, although when CH is switched on pump is spinning & a relay on the PCB is clicking on but no lights or ignition or fire up.
No obvious loose wires & I wiggled PCB wired connections & tapped PCb to see if there was a dry joint or loose connection but still nothing, transformer does not looked burned out but have not yet checked with multimeter,
Would either the CH or DHW stats or water pressure switch cause this?
Was working fine before this with no leaks.
I suspect PCb may be faulty but not sure.
No reset light on as pressure is 1.5bar & steady & I cannot see any overheat switch to press either, I don't think this boiler has one
Any advice would be appreciated, old boiler but was very quiet & efficient when working.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
yes your boiler does have an overheat thermostat, could be the PCB though

iirc the O/H stats are top left beside heat exchanger and bottom right , test continuity ( ohms) on DHW stats if (OL) or MINUS 1 OHM , after checking the transformer ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back