Potterton Lynx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Low Pressure

My Potterton Lynx combination boiler has suddenly started complaining about 'low pressure' and refusing to work. I turn on the water inlet tap long enough for the needle on the dial to go back up into the green area, but it's back in the red 24 hours later.

There's no sign of leaks anywhere, but the boiler must be about 15 years old now. Any ideas anybody ?

XB104

Sponsored Links
Hi.. check to see if the water is being released from the pressure relief valve. Top up the pressure and run the heating, does the gauge quickly rise to 3 bar. If so look outside for a small pipe which will be dripping water. If this is what is happening then your expansion vessel will need to be recharged.

So I did, and it did. Thanks for the diagnosis. So, yes, my (or rather the boiler's) expansion vessel needs to be recharged.

Can I do this myself, or is it a job for a professional, please ?

So I called in a very pleasant, very professional man who arrived 24 hours later, diagnosed a faulty pressure valve, and clagged up pipes, fixed it in one hour with the parts he had on the van and charged me a very fair price. OK ever since.

PS the boiler was secondhand when I had it installed in 1992 !

Sponsored Links
Who was that? Someone who keeps clients happy should be named!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back