potterton lynx2 need help asap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my potterton lynx2 is using a load of gas not a great deal of hot water or CH and keeps lossing pressure over night help please.

it has use £65.38 of gas in 21days and apart from a gas hob these are the only 2 gas apps in the house

the CH comes on at 6.30am-8.00am
12-00pm - 1.00pm

9.00pm - 10.00pm

please help me what do i do/ is there anything wrong with boiler

Sponsored Links
Well -

a: it's a Potterton

b: Its a Lynx (or Jynx as I was always taught)

c: it's a Potterton

d: could be worn burners/badly adjusted gas valve.

Either way, get a good engineer ro9und with a few to patch and replace.

When was the last time it was serviced? Was it done properly (i.e., with a gas rating).

Can you gas rate the thing? Run it at full tilt and tell us how long it takes the gas meter's red needle to go round once.

£65 in 21 days! Its not like its been snowing outside :rolleyes:
I put 20 notes on a gas meter card thursday and it ran out sunday, thats on a brand new combi on low fire.

yeah british gas came round and said it was running fine,
i have just been out and taken the front cover off and tried turn the temp controls and watching through the little view window on boiler when turn to min no change in flame size colour on both boiler dial and ch.

you mean turn it on :(

turn on and watch gas meter i have 5 black dials and 3 red dials (1 large 2 small) what am i watching

thank you for helping me
:)

Sponsored Links
Bugger - you have a metric one. These were a reason to stay out of Europe - takes twice as long to do a boiler service now - just kidding.

Take a reading. Run the bath for two minutes

Take another reading

Subtract the two and post back.

no snow in cornwall :( so cant blame it on that, used to be on pay as you go gas but was costing me £5 to have a bath (not very deep)

ok ran hot tap in bath (not hot shell i add only ever runs warm)
reading before starting
00140 228
after
00140 310
ran for two mins at max on hot water only no CH
so used 82 in the red things
is this any good

As was mentioned on a similar thread - gas is damn expensive now.

If you are worried get your supplier to double check the meter is accurate and don't take their first answer.

Make sure you have a programmable room thermostat - or at least an accurate room stat and clock.

And insulate the nuts off your house.

guess potterton dont have a good name than
what would you recommend for most gas friendly but very good with heat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back