potterton netaheat 10-16 pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Got back from holiday last night, switched on central heating boiler and the pilot light was lit, the burners seemed to fire, then blew out after a second or two. Is this a simple case of relighting the pilot, and if so how on earth do you get into the boiler to relight it? I've taken the bottom brown cover off, but no joy, as pilot light is still about three inches higher than that and appears to be sealed in.

Think it is around 10 years old but not sure, as was in house when we bought it. Boiler is Potterton Netaheat 10-16 Mark 2.

Any advice greatfully received, or do I need a pro to take a look?

Sponsored Links
The boiler does not have a permanent pilot, it has electronic ignition. So, you have some other problem - I would get someone in.

Netaheats are dangerous if you don't know what to watch for. Get someone in. Yours is older than 10 - nearer 20, like mine!

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your advice!

As I suspected its needs a pro.....but was hoping it was somethink simple to avoid spending dosh. Still if its around the 20yr old mark then its done OK!

cheers again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back