Potterton pay out at last !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a small update on a subject I posted a few months ago.

For all you poor people with the old Potterton PCB lock out problem. Thanks to the work done by Watchdog and consumers around the country Potterton are now having to incur the cost of replacing all those faulty PCB parts which have been causing misery for people all over the country.

If you have still not been in touch with potterton yet i advise you to do so soon if you have the lock out problem.

They are now willing to call out free of charge to check the part and if needed fit a new board at no cost to yourself.

Even if you have had the part fixed by another plumber send a copy of you bill and Potterton who will look into the cost and type of repair and will refund you the cash.

Just to recap on my previous post I called around my estate and found out of 35 properties 32 had the lock out problem.

God knows how many poor people around the country have the same problems but at last people power has refunded each case around £117 and helped warm the hearts again of consumers.

I hope this has helped and thanks to everyone who voiced their opinion.

Pottertonlockout73.

Sponsored Links
What was that figure of £117 meant to represent???

Thats generous being that the retail cost is about £200 +vat for the part :(
And gas suppliers here sell for around £160 + vat

Sponsored Links
Timmyturtle said:
Thats generous being that the retail cost is about £200 +vat for the part :(
And gas suppliers here sell for around £160 + vat

God so i did get a good deal at last from Potterton. I must admit i did pay £299 for the repair and 12 months cover but i have had a few other parts replaced such as gas valve, room stat, and PCB.

I guess the part refund of £117 is at a cost price to Potterton and the other repairs are well worth it for the remaining balance of £182 and i have the boiler covered for the next 11 months.

It's one of those problems that would drive you crazy as it did not happen all the time but if there are any other people out there with the same problem i am sure they know how much of a sod it could be having a cold shower in the morning.

I guess thats me signing out on this problem so thanks to everyone who helped and had a view to put across.

Bye :LOL:

Pottertonlockout73.

Back