Potterton Performa 28 hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, about a week ago the boiler packed up - pump running, but fan not (and not firing up)
Checked, and there was no power to the fan. Following fault finding charts, and looking at similar problems mentioned on here, the consensus seemed to be a faulty pcb.
I purchased a pcb, fitted, and boiler appeared to work fine. However on using hot water, the water ran hot briefly, then ran cool. Adjusting hot water thermostat makes no difference.
The boiler is firing and running, but very little hot water.
When checking things out this afternoon, I tried selecting hot water only, same result, little or no hot water, but I then realised that when there was no demand for hot water, the boiler continued running, sending heat to the rads - with controls on hot water only.
Now, the pcb was not new, but described as 'refurbished and tested'. Money is short just now, hence the decision to get a 'refurbished' one. Possibly a mistake? Does it sound like pcb problem? Or is it one of those annoying coincidences, and we have a separate problem?
Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Hello Fatpixie and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately no one will be able to provide you with any assistance with this request. Whilst replacing a boiler PCB may not appear to be gas related. It is classed under this category and as such, the forum rules prevent anyone from offering you DIY advice. You can read why here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back