Potterton Prifile 80 - not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings Folks

I hope some one out there can help me to diagnose the problem with my Potterton Profile 80, which will not light.

The system provides both CH and hot water, the control pannel/timer appears work OK as the pump in the boiler can be hear to run when it is on.

The boiler thermostat knob on the front which goes from 0 - 9 also appears to work, as the system will click off or on when the knob is moved to/from the 0 position. This will aslo cause the pump to cick-in if the timer is set to 'on'. the only thing it does not do is fire up.

It does not appear to be a problem with the re-set button under the pcb - as this has not 'popped' out and even when manually re-set it did not cure the problem.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Nemo

Sponsored Links
You can do fault-finding on this boiler without "going in", which not a good idea on this boiler cos it can be a dangerous one. You need a voltmeter and the servicing instructions though. There's a fairly good chance you need a new pcb. I have a number and can sell you one at a discount if it comes to that. Click on my name in the view that shows all the topics for my email.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back