potterton suprima 80

A

angelf

potterton suprima 80 keeps tripping the rcd. Have changed the fuse spur (13amp) but as soon as you increase the temp knob on top left boiler goes dead. There was no earth from fan & overheat stat looks loose.
Any ideas what the problem could be?

Sponsored Links
The fuse should be 3amp for a start.

Pumps are usual suspects for popping fuses. You should be able to disconnect this from the boiler wiring panel and then see if it still pops the fuse

**dont leave boiler running like this**

ta for quick reply. Fuse in the spur was 13amp when I looked? Could that have blown the internal fuse too? I did replace (at spur) with a 3amp but the rcd still tripped when I tried to light boiler. How much are pcb for Suprima 80?

Sponsored Links
Angelf.

Can i suggest you join the CC and post there in future? You seem to be using a DIY site to get answers to issues for which you are being paid for. None of us know everything about everything but this is a DIY site. Not an aid to help you make money out of others knowlege when if you are being paid to do jobs you should have the expertise (or most of it) already.

If you are a RGI then join the CC. The knowledge there is much more geared to your questions!

am on the cc list but guess what when I post a question intended for the cc i get a note from u saying to post it on the diy section!!!!! and of course when I post it on the diy site I get your reply???? Can't win can I ????

I cannot see any posts that you have made on the CC.

But I have seen you ask for gas advice on this forum and when we tell you that we dont give gas advice here this is the abuse you give!

to agile stop being a **** and answer the question!!!!!!! thats assuming that u know the answer? which I doubt .

Until I see you posting in the CC or the ARGI site then I will have to assume that you are not Gas Safe registered and doing illegal gas work.

In any case your knowledge seems so poor that its difficult to imagine that you would have passed the ACOPS. Even so in the CC we do help people because we dont like to see our trade being spoilt by anyone.

Of course after such an abusive posting as quoted above, I am unlikely to help you but the others may do. In any case you doubt that I know anything anyway.

Tony

I too have never seen a post off you in the CC but will happily be corrected by you if i am wrong.

You surely must see that your basic knowledge is so poor as to bring into question your competance to be doing plumbing work let alone gas work........(apologies to all qualified plumbers). If so what are you doing charging customers for your 'expertise' in resolving issues which you want us to advise you on free of charge??

He cant help it ,some how the 6 grand he has paid for the mickey mouse course has to be recouped from the poor general public

So what do you say to the customer ....................eeeer missus i aint got clue ,im gonna go home and do search on the internet and then go to diynot and hope someone will help me

What a CHANCER ,people like this should not be helped at all just menace to the trade,go and get job or work with someone who can teach you the basics.Our first year apprentice can do more diagnostics then you Angelelf!

The general public deserve better then this !!

Unfortunately there are thousands more like him fleecing the public and tarring us with the same brush :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back