Potterton Profile 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 80e, won't fire up and the fan is not running. The flow chart suggests replacing the air pressure switch, surely that operates once the fan is running?? If I turn the boiler stat to OFF, the fan starts up but seems to blow rather than suck (casing off) I'm genuinly puzzled. (had a new gas valve fitted 2 weeks ago)

Sponsored Links
Before the fan runs, a check is made to prove the presence and integrity (set at normally closed) of the APS.

It blows because it is a positive pressure boiler and as such is more inherently dangerous......you should not be removing the casing as checks need to be made to ensure the seal is working and this is classed a gas work......

Get out a competant repairer........or a larger life insurance policy!

Sponsored Links
This boiler should never start with the case removed.Fan will run but the ignition sequence will not start.The case must be fitted correctly for the Air pressure switch to operate and prove the fan is running,only then will ignition start. As stated removing the case is interferring with a combustion seal and should only be undretaken by a qualified engineer.Leave well alone mate and call a pro.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back