Potterton Profile - Two Port Motorized Valve - Danfoss 102

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

this is one for those who know their wiring.

Exisitng System is
Potterton Profile Boiler
External CH pump
Honey Well Two Port Valve
Danfoss 102 Mechnical Clock.

CUstomer asked me to change the Danfoss 102 with model with CONSTANT override.

I confirmed with Danfoss Technical for appropriate alternative. They suggested the Danfoss 102E5 digital programmer. They said that the old unit could be pulled off the back plate and new the unit put in its place WITHOUT need for rewiring.
Did so but the new Danfoss would not operate, no red light denoting power. Checked live to programmer is still working, it was.

I do not know exactly what model Potterton Profile is the boiler but the wiring is as follows.

From Boiler to Programmer (clock) BLACK WIRE - Neutral (Blue) - Brown (live) - Yell/Green (Earth)
CH pump wires go to Boiler
Two port Valve Earth - Neutral - Live going to programmer (orange & grey not used)
Mains Neutral - Live - Earth Going to programmer.

QUESTION
1 - what is the black wire coming from boiler to programmer (is it SW Live?)
2 - what is the COMMON wire meaning often refered to in 102 E5 user manual
3 - how should the two port valve and the boiler be wired to programmer?

The Danfoss 102 and the 102E5 have the same terminal connectors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

any help or useful suggestion would be very helpfull. Enjoy the weekend.

Regards
DD368

Sponsored Links
Black may be a switched live, to what is it connected (both ends)? but before you touch that - is there only one motorised valve, if so is it on the CH or HW and are there any thermostats other than the one on the boiler?

There is
1- one manual cylinder stat
2- one two port vavle (on the CH)
3- one pump on CH secondary circuit _connected electrically to boiler
4- the boiler is the potterton profile which has a 4 core leading to the programmer
5- the black one is a switchd live, the others mains E,N,L

I have taken apart the motorized valve and also checked out how the danfoss 102 works

Just wanted to make sure what the black wire was for. I think it is a switched live and I will confirm that when i open up the boiler on tuesday.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back