Potterton Promax 24 HE Condensing Boiler No Heat in the Rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have no heat in my radiators, the hot water is okay. The burner was replaced after the boiler kept cutting out. After I replaced it no heat was coming through the radiators. The burner was in a mess when it was replaced.

The boiler fires for about two minutes and then cuts out, the pipes around the boiler are hot but the pipes next to all the radiators are stone cold. I have drained the system, refilled, checked for leaks, air, put in sludge remover, checked all seals on the boiler. Drained the system again and the boiler checked the flow and return pipes for blockage nothing. I have also now ordered a flow switch as I am now thinking that due to the state of the old burner some bits may have blocked it or got into the system. I am increasingly thinking that due to the state of the burner it may have fed into the whole system. Now when the boiler lights there is a lot of pipe noise and wooshing. Have had enough of it now HELP !!

Sponsored Links
The burner was replaced after the boiler kept cutting out. After I replaced it no heat was coming through the radiators. The burner was in a mess when it was replaced.

I do hope you mean: after the engineer replaced it.

this is certainly not a diy job. if you did replace it yourself, count yourself lucky the boiler does not work and call in a pro. turn the boiler off in the mean time.

Is the pump running,have you made sure auto a/v is open and make sure,you have valves open under boiler

Sponsored Links
Yes it was a corgi reg engineer, the valves are open as well. The flow switch was replaced last night as well and now it's not igniting, it gives off a double click as if it's about to ignite and nothing. The heating engineer I have used a few times in the past (honest guy) he replaced the combustion seal in the past after changing working thermistors, only to be told by Potterton guys that if there is a white powdered residue then check the seal which it was. That took a couple of days !! Good guy just don't know if he is that experienced with condensing boilers in particular. The boiler is only five/six years old everything was working fine before the burner went, it was also igniting before the flow switch was changed. Any suggestions ????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back