Potterton Puma 100(E) low pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am having a recurring problem with the pressure on my Puma 100 (e) boiler. It has happened on three occasions in the last week. The pressure seems to drop over night and I awake in the morning to a cold flat and no hot water.

I top the pressure up to rectify the problem but am slighly concerned that it has become a recurring issue and wanted to know whether:

This could be a pre-cursor to a much larger problem?
Is there a fault within the boiler and deos a part need replacing?
Or is this to be expected every once in a while?

any help would be much appreciated....

Sponsored Links
It has recently had the PCB replaced and about a year ago the wax diverter valve was also replaced.
It was only serviced last month after the I had replaced the PCB.
I topped up the pressure last night to about 1.5 on the dial and still had enough pressure this morning. Unfortunatle i did not think to take a reading of the pressure before i left the flat.

I did come across a post yesterday regarding the "pressure switch" but not sure if this refers to my problem...?

Sponsored Links
pressure dropping over night is very often due to expansion vessel having lost its charge, tape a plastic bag over discharge pipe outside and check in the morning to see if its full.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back