potterton puma 80 permanent pilot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

I was hoping somebody might be able to help me. I have just moved into a new house which is installed with a potterton puma 80 permanent pilot model. Having lots of problems with it, i.e pilot light keeps extinguishing and the only way to re-light it is by removing the combustion chamber door and then relighting it. Also when using DHW and CH the burner extinguishers itself, if you run one or the other individually it is usually alright. I have just had a new PCB fitted also and dont really want to be spending to much more on it as it is 10+ years old. Also when there is no DHW or CH running the automatic air vent will start releasing water. I have also just has the thermocouple changed and I think the plumber may have ran out of ideas, he is saying that it is probably time to change the boiler which is a big strain just before xmas. Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back