Puma 80 permanent pilot CHW not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potterton Puma 80 permanent pilot. The boiler is cutting out after several minuters of CHW demand. The boiler is firing up and the CH flow pipe is very hot. Also the rads are heating up nicely. The Pump and fan are OK. I have a new flow switch and CH overheating thermostat. The DHW is OK. There are no unusual sounds. Can any one suggest a solution?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply,
How do I check the pump? I have done the ear to a screw driver to pump thing, and it sounds like its whirling round OK. I have also loosened the central lock nut on the front of the pump, and turned the spindle by hand and the spindle turns freely. I have now tested the boiler again, and i've noticed that the pressure gauge climbs into the red at bar 4. Then the system shuts down. Does this mean the pump is not turning despite the rads getting hot? Could it be the 'central heating water temperature sensor'?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back