Potterton Puma Wax Capsule - small water leak on DV join

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening everybody,

After some useful advice on this site, have finally managed to change the wax capsule on the Potty.

Aboslutely gutted to find a slow drip leak on the union of the DV / wax capsule housing.

The actual housing has a rubber seal and from what I can see just pushes onto the DV and is retained by two grub screws.

I have tried a few wraps of PTFE around the rubber seal but the problem still remains.

Would more PTFE help or is the problem that the wax capsule hasn't seated properly? I can see now why most advice is to change the whole DV......

Thanks very much

Sponsored Links
did you clean out the body before replacing insides of valve? also smear of silicone grease around o ring is usually good idea. The valve insides have a shoulder which butts up to the valve body, but you wouldn't have been able to mathch up the two dhw pipes if incorrectly positioned anyway.

p.s rarely find it necessary to change whole valve

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply....no I didn't use any silicone grease.....would I get that from a DIY warehouse or Halfrauds ???

I did clean inside the valve body as best as I could.

The annoying thing is, apart from the leak, everything is working perfectly now so it WAS the wax capsule that was at fault.................leak has now also disappeared now the hot water is running through it.....I suspect it will re-appear once it cools down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back