POTTERTON SUPRIMA 50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have prob with potterton suprima 50 .when turning on it seems to not heat the heating for while and keeps cutting out only running for say 2 mins . but then after a while it heat the radiators but still only runs for like 3-5 mins cutting in and out all the time . its had a new pcb abut 2 years ago with a new thermister and overheat stat . i have checked the valves and they seem to be working ok . also if i just switch the heating on it fails to start but it will if i put hw and heating on . any ideas as to what it could be

Sponsored Links
thanks Ian are these the valves with the levers on that u can put to manual or auto ?

Yes but the manual lever just opens the valve for filling purposes, when working properly the synchron motor opens the valve a bit further and makes the micro switch , this switch sends power to the boiler to fire, each valve has its own switch, sounds like the CH one is not working, hence when you select HW too it comes on , the boiler is getting its power from the HW valve

Sponsored Links
is it a drain down to change one or could i just change the electrical part

Post a pic and I will tell, you depending on age most are changeable without draining down

i have done one by just changing the electric bit just wondered if this was ok or change the valve as well

some you can some you cant , hence a pic would be best, do they have silver metal covers or white plastic ones ?

If it has this little dimple I have marked that means the actuator head is interchangeable, if no dimple it is a drain down

Inkedae235_LI.jpg

yay got the dimple so easy fix many thanks Ian i will give it a go and see if that does it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back