Potty Suprima 120L, Loud Vibration On Fire Up

Remerber the suprima 120 has 2 pcb,s.
One control board and one for the fan

Sponsored Links
Tony...

I have already answered your questions in various earlier posts.

Alright...except the one about what are you using to measure the pressures with?

To which the answer is.. a water filled manometer.

To save time here they are again.

All the flue seals are intact and in good condition

The flue is inaccessable so couldn't test it. ("it" meaning flue gas analysis)

I checked the negative pressure at the gas valve which is correct as per MI -1.1 Mb.

The low inlet pressure will be worth investigating further, although it was 19 mbar when i checked it

I rang the customer to see how it had been.

Hasn't done it since i was there (Saturday).

I'll expect a phone call in about a month. :(

To scatmanjohn.
Went to one today same problem,Hooting noise on a Vertical flue system..Fitted new gas valve (Part No.5000476) Adjusted fan speeds all now nice and quiet..Hope it helps :D

Actually, you have not answered my question:-

"And whats the gas pressure at the boiler inlet at minimum and maximum power???"

You have now measured 19 mB at the gas valve input. Is that min or max and whats the other?

What kind of water manometer do you have to read 1.1 mB? An inclined LP type as used for industrial flue drafts?

I still think the problem is caused by weak mixture hence my interest in the FGA results and the gas pressures.

Noticed that the changed gas valve solved the other one! Again more support for a weak mixture! Has anyone tried adjusting the gas valve.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Has anyone tried adjusting the gas valve.Tony
Tony the offset pressure on these is very hard to adjust even if you know what your doing, All new gas valves are factory pre-set so its easier to put a new one in instead of risking a RECALL. And you are right it is highly possible it is a weak air/gas mixture.

poxi said:
To scatmanjohn.
Went to one today same problem,Hooting noise on a Vertical flue system..Fitted new gas valve (Part No.5000476) Adjusted fan speeds all now nice and quiet..Hope it helps :D

Cheers poxi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back