Power shower fitting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just purchased a B+Q essentials power shower (integral pump). I have a water tank in loft and cylinder in airing cupboard. This i understand is a gravity fed system? My cold is mains fed, does this mean i have unequal pressures? Can i fit the power shower or do i have to fit a pressure reducing valve on mains cold to balance them up?

Many thanks in advance,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
If the hot and cold are to be pumped, you'll need to run a dedicated cold feed to the pump from the storage cistern in the loft.

This will give you equal pressures and the best chance of it working well.

regards

Hi,

Thanks for prompt reply. Yes, that makes sense to me! What is the minimum size hot water cylinder should be to feed a power shower? Also, where is the best place to tap into the storage tank and should cold be fed in 22mm to match hot feed?

Gary.

117 ltr cylinder willbe ok thats about the standard size in most houses.

that will give you approx 16 mins in shower with a fully heated cylinder.

tap into the cws must be below the supply for the hw cylinder in 15mm.
the feed for the hot is 15mm not 22mm.

any power shower such as yours with an integral pump are only 15mm supplies not 22mm.

read the instructions thats what they are for.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply and useful information. Shame you spoilt it with last sarcastic comment! I maybe should have said that the shower is not yet in my possesion so not seen instructions but will be studying them when i get them. I was just trying to hit the ground running!

Gary.

shower is not yet in my possesion so not seen instructions but will be studying them when i get them. I was just trying to hit the ground running!

Gary.
now you say.
you can download them but make sure you follow them then your warranty won't be void.
as thats where most problems are caused when the mi's are not followed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back