Power Shower Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having great problems with the hot water pressure for my power shower. If I just turn it on at anytime the I have to turn the mixer up most of the way to hot and then the hot water just comes dribbling out. The shoer and other items were fitted by a plumber who has not done a very good job and I have had problems with the C/H as well. I read on a post here that someone had fitted a flange to the top of there tank but connected it the wrong way so the hot water would not vent itself. I don't know of this is the same problem as me. I have attached a few pictures. Also this morning the hot water pipes in the house were knocking, Could anyone help me on how to bleed this system.

Photo-0001sfw.jpg
Photo-0002sfw.jpg
Photo-0003sfw.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi , I'm not sure if anybody can help me with this. Last night I drained the Hot Water, checked the flange for blockage, then I re-filled the tank the shower was then fine. This morning, you can hear air in the Hot Water system and the shower is back as it was with no pressure in the hot water.

Thanks

Flange is the right way roound.
How hot's the hot water the pump gets?
Don't have it over 60, or it'll cavitate in the pump.

Also where does the cold feed to the pump come from?

Your last pic looks like the h/c feed to the shower valve with what I think I can see are air vents.
Have you opened these to bleed?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

Chris: I had a look in the flange and it seems to be, the top feed is goes straight into the tank. I did wonder about the pipe from the flange, it is angled down. Would this let there air get trapped at the flange?
I have the tank thermostat set to 60, the pump get a little hot but that just seems to be from the hot water.
The cold ffed comes from the tanks in the loft.

Fluffster: I can bleed them off every 5 minutes and there is still air in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back