power shower pump stops after 5 to 10 mins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have an aqualisa aquastream which is 11 years old and towards the end of last year the pump gave up. Being slightly DIYee I replaced the pump and all was fine. until now. now the pump stops working after 10mins or so, about 2 showers and we only get normal pressure out of the shower, still hot, temperature is controllable but the pump is off. Any suggestion very welcome, i thought as the pump was replaced the next thing to think about would be the mixer unit but not sure this is the fault here. Once the shower is left for a while it will again support 2 showers . . . these are usually in the morning but today after it stopping at 8 i ran it again at 9:30 and again it lasted for 10mins.

hope someone can help.

Thanks,
Tony.

Sponsored Links
You'll more likely find it's about 15 mins then cuts off for 45 mins.
It's a safety feature to allow the motor etc to cool down.

Thanks for the suggestion, I would think the same if it was a new shower but it was only the pump that was replaced a few months ago and this has just started this week. Also the shower has coped fine for 11 years (not continuously!) without having to shut off to cool down with same amount of people and in some cases at the weekends more. Nothing else has changed in the system in all that time so my thought is something must be wrong somewhere and if it is wrong it can be put right?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again,
Tony.

Well no matter what the Max run time is 15 minutes.... Which also means. It could be less

Sponsored Links
Up until this week we could run out the hot water and the pump would still run although the shower was cold, not that we did this often but at weekends when the girls had boyfriends round etc we would get through up to 5 showers in a short period and could get away with it. Now we can get two in a row max and the pump stops running with plenty of hot water left in the system. We could replace the shower but if the problem is elsewhere then if anyone can advise where to look it would be a great help.

Thanks,
Tony.

Previous one?

The shower has been working fine after the last pump was replaced towards the end of last year, maybe 4 or 5 months ago. Last week . .4 showers no problem, this week 2 . .a new fault . .are you saying the pump is at fault and that it is not as good as the old one even though it performed exactly the same for 5 months?

you said why it happened, can you explain to me why it did not happen for 4 or 5 months with much higher use?

Ok, would that be inside the unit in the shower where the pump is on the wall or where the unit connects to the mains . .not sure where that is as there is a switch for the shower on the wall in the airing cupboard but i am not seeing a transformer?

Thanks,
Tony.

It's separate from the shower so poss in loft above shower.
won't be far the cable isn't that long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back