POWER SHOWER PUMP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower was leaking water downstairs into our kitchen. I checked all the connections, the tray but all was dry.
I looked at the pump and that was wet, I've stop using the shower and this has stop the leak.
Can I remove the pump and still use the shower, or does the shower need a pump to work.
Also will I need a plummer or electrian to remove the pump.

Sponsored Links
what part of the pump was leaking? have you checked that your connections are tight. you could run shower without pump but you would not have same flow and you would need right fittings to bypass pump,pump should be very easy to remove if its been installed prop. can you give us anymore details to try and help.

Its very difficult to see as the pump is wedge between the wall and shower and need a touch to see, but when you feel the pump its wet.

Can you confirm.
Does the pump hold water. When I use the shower water flows from the pipes into the pump and out via the shower, but when its not used does the pump fill with water again, which could be the reason for the leak. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I've stop using the shower and this has stop the leak
So it is leaking under pressure. First stop, check the connections are tight as already advised. Don't ask for another remedy just because it may be difficult to access the pump, this is the obvious first thing to check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back