Power shower with combi

i think a programmer and room stat are standard on eaga/council installs.
One would hope so as they are kind of needed if you want to comply with building regs.:D

When you get three and a half grand for a straight boiler swap, it shouldn't be asking too much to get something that at least is compliant.

as opposed to a programmable stat

Sponsored Links
i think a programmer and room stat are standard on eaga/council installs.
One would hope so as they are kind of needed if you want to comply with building regs.:D

When you get three and a half grand for a straight boiler swap, it shouldn't be asking too much to get something that at least is compliant.

as opposed to a programmable stat

:LOL:
I thought it was a bit obvious. Then again, nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the public sector.

OK result was as follows.
1) They will replace the power shower if we provide the new shower valve and any chrome fitting which I have agreed to.
2) After they pointed out the thermostatic mixing valve would mean the washing machine and dish washer would cost more to run and my mother was consulted she decided she could continue as it is and they agree to fit a thermostatic mixing valve if required but after a talk decided not required.
3) Query on stop cocks at least replace those removed hit a brick wall as he felt one stop cock for all water was all that was required. But he did agree to replace the remaining plastic piping which was originally at header tank pressure but not at mains pressure with copper.
4) A programmer and thermostat have been fitted instead of a programmable thermostat agreed for it to remain as is.
5) Boards around and in old airing cupboard need replacing it has been agreed this will be done.

All parts required have been bought and just waiting for a date. I feel I have got want I want and am satisfied with outcome.
Took some bargaining though.

Now that the OP has resolved his problem - didn't want to confuse things any further.

simond - what makes you think that the flow rate is immaterial if you pump off the mains? Not saying your wrong, just curious as i can only find a reference to 12 litres limit without permission.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Now that the OP has resolved his problem - didn't want to confuse things any further.

simond - what makes you think that the flow rate is immaterial if you pump off the mains? Not saying your wrong, just curious as i can only find a reference to 12 litres limit without permission.

Thanks
I think it was the reference to 12 litres limit without permission which swayed the argument as I think he realised some one some where had made a mistake and it would need rectifying.

Thanks for that info.

He at first tried to get us to fit yet another electric shower until I said how DNO had only fitted 60A fuse in header and we already had two electric showers. He told me I should consult an electrician to which I replied I was an Electrical Engineer at which he backed down after I explained that with the incomer we had it was not just a case of changing fuse. And how a new supply would be required into the street. If the main in street could take it.

I am sure if left to my parents nothing would have got done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back