Powermaster 10 Control Panel - NA or UK/EN model

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I received my unit on Friday and been intrigued by the manual vs what I am seeing - see attached.

Comparing to what I see for the phone line, it looks more like the North America version as described in the manual. Is this correct? Or I'm just plain noob that I need to buy RJ31X jack and plug to sort this out?

The back of the back plate says that it's JADE-UK model so I'm freaking confused at the mo.

Please help.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
This unit in the American configuration uses the RJ-31X plug to give the unit priority access the the phone line.

The circuit is that the incoming phone line goes to the LINE terminals on the unit and normally comes back out on the SET terminals ( telephone set ). Thus the phone works normally until the alarm needs to dial out. Then the alarm breakk the connection between LINE and SET and connects the incoming line to its internal dialler and comms unit.

You can connect the incoming line ( pins 2 and 5 in a BT socket ) directly to LINE terminals and the system will work BUT the alarm will not be able to claim priority over the phone when it needs to make an alarm call.

NOTE Whether that will comply with the regulations ( alarm not having priority ) I cannot say.

Sponsored Links
This unit in the American configuration uses the RJ-31X plug to give the unit priority access the the phone line.

The circuit is that the incoming phone line goes to the LINE terminals on the unit and normally comes back out on the SET terminals ( telephone set ). Thus the phone works normally until the alarm needs to dial out. Then the alarm breakk the connection between LINE and SET and connects the incoming line to its internal dialler and comms unit.

You can connect the incoming line ( pins 2 and 5 in a BT socket ) directly to LINE terminals and the system will work BUT the alarm will not be able to claim priority over the phone when it needs to make an alarm call.

NOTE Whether that will comply with the regulations ( alarm not having priority ) I cannot say.

Hi Bernardgreen

Thanks for the reply. At least that will help me to argue with the supplier that it is indeed an American one and send me the actual UK unit.

If this doesnt work, I'll either ask for (i) refund or (ii) connect to the BT socket as you said.

A complete noob question, what do you mean by pin no 2 and 5? Is there a picture you could share or what should I google for?

Cheers

You will probably find that the UK unit has the same arrangement of terminal blocks for line in and line out ( to the phone ) and will require a bit of wiring to create a socket that provides the connections to the alarm unit.

What telephone sockets do you have ?

Pins 2 and 5 are the terminals in a BT socket to which a telephone connects.

When you look at a BT phone plug you will see 6 slots, they are pins 1 to 6, very often only slots 2, 3 and 5 are loaded with pins. If you have a redundant phone lead with a plug you could use that as a temporary test.

You will probably find that the UK unit has the same arrangement of terminal blocks for line in and line out ( to the phone ) and will require a bit of wiring to create a socket that provides the connections to the alarm unit.

When you look at a BT phone plug you will see 6 slots, they are pins 1 to 6, very often only slots 2, 3 and 5 are loaded with pins. If you have a redundant phone lead with a plug you could use that as a temporary test.
A complete noob but proud to say that it's 2,3,4,5 loaded with pins so probably redundant?

In the manual, it shows that the other model has RJ11 sockets in it so I'm still bemused as to why the supplier sent me NA model :(.

Bernard
I got a response from the supplier:

I have receievd a response from the Visonic Rep:

All appears correct on the panel. They just wire into the line terminals.

Agree the instruction manual is confusing.

Kind Regards

Security Warehouse Support

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back