Pre EICR thoughts ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Crabtree 10way TP.jpg
Crabtree RCCB.jpg

Thoughts ? I've posted this on another forum but although this is a DIY some of you guys are pretty knowledgeable. Got to Test this next week. The board looks to have a modified incomer, what concerns me the most (not for testing) is should any kind of fault occur to this board and the RCCB trips the access gate would effectively be powered off, not ideal in any kind of emergency! The gates to this site is run in SWA as are several circuits, thinking it requires a complete replacement.

Sponsored Links
Yeah thats a later genereration Crabtree RCD bodged in there, I'd be looking at how it was done, it certainly needs pulling up, as it stands it would be at least a C2 with that gap at the side, but needs a good look to see whether closing that up would maybe allow it to then be considered a C3 or if as suspected, its a bag of excrement on the inside as well...

I'd be interested in why?.... bearing in mind its a 300mA device, the following are possible:

1) It had a 300mA device before and it failed and this is a replacement
2) It had a 30mA device for additional protection before, and this is someones 'clever' way of stopping nuisence tripping
3) It had a main switch before, and someone decided it needed a 300mA RCD for fire protection (is it a farm installation, woodwork shop, etc?)
4) It has been converted to TT, or there is issues with the earth path.

If commenting on the gate, you should also comment on the fire alarm

Sewage treatment works haven't seen the main incomer yet just had a quick recce to see previous test records (from 3 years ago) yesterday which appear to be non existent!

BTW I tested a socket ZS on Three Low off this and it was 0.42 about 4 meters from the board

Sponsored Links
Don’t rush, don’t worry about fixing issues other than C1’s and just get the report done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back