Prepped the room with new plaster and sanded wood for gloss etc.. What next?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have finally got this room ready for some lining paper now. Its got 1 complete new stud wall skimmed with plaster and the other 3 walls also have a skim of plaster on most of it.

So i need to know what order to do it all in and what exactly to do next? I have read that i need to seal the new plaster with a diluted mix of wallpaper paste before i do anything.

Here is the room in question:

I have sanded all the wood down to so i know that will need a coat of primer then gloss but again at what point should i do that?

Its all going to be lined with lining paper to hopefully give a nicer finish.

Any help much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Why do you need lining paper,

A blinding coat of thinned down Trade matt emulsion to seal it, then a couple of coats of Trade Matt Emulsion to obliterate
, then redecorate

I just thought it will make the walls look abit nicer as they arent perfect. Do you think i will get away with just painting it?

Lining paper is normally used to hide any problems if one does not want to plaster the walls, as yours are plastered I would have thought painting the walls would be ok,
You definitely want to put a"mist coat" of Trade Matt white Emulsion on first .

Sponsored Links
Do you think i will get away with just painting it?
Paint a mist coat then stand back and have a look. Even with just that one thin coat you'll be able to tell whether it's going to look good or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back