Pressure gauge failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a solar water system (closed) with a pressure gauge.

The gauge keeps failing (replaced once under warentee).

The gauge reading fluctuates with temperature quite widely now (0.2bar @ 8 degrees centigrade to +1 bar @ 38degrees centigrade and higher).

I have attached a calibrated test gauge which reads a fairly constant pressure (1bar to 1.1bar) under the above conditions.

I suspect the gauge has failed when the water temperature has exceeded it's max' temp.

What are the most reliable pressure gauge manufactures with a high working temperature?

Sponsored Links
I also agree that the gauge has probably failed because the temperature has risen too high.

I expect the fault is that your system is not set up correctly and is not allowing your collectors to stagnate.

My suggestion would be to examine the system installation amd controls to see what the defect is. I do hope you dont have any soldered joints !

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back