Pressure gauge on boiler acting weird on re-fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Drained 2 rads to remove whilst painting walls. Rads were in kitchen and living room.

System is a combi, sealed CH system. Drained 2 rads and pressure gauge went to 0 (from 1.5 bar) Was this normal to drop this much for just 2 rads??

Anyhow, on re-fill, the gauge hardly moved, so i left it for a bit not wanting to overfill, then about 20 mins later, the boiler suddenly read 1.2 bar!!

So i tried filling again to get it to 1.5 bar, and no movement seen on the needle.

Another 30 mins or more later, it read just under 2 bar!!

Why is this?? Is the needle or gauge on the combi faulty? Anyway i drained some water from a rad and the gauge is now at just over 1.5 bar again. Hot water works fine :)

My concern was why the needle was acting this way? Anyone had experience of this before? I believe Worcester are good boilers....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back