Pressure issues Gloworm Hotwater express 80 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my combi boiler. Pressure keeps dropping and as soon as I try to refill system to 1.0 bar as recommended all water immediately shoots out of overflow pipe. Water stays hot for a while but not even enough to run a bath......Please help :cry:

Could it be a fault with the safety relief valve? This boiler has recently been moved to a new location in house but was ok

Sponsored Links
Tsk tsk it's a pressure relief pipe not an overflow!
Trouble is, they're craap. Once they've been opened the slightest dirt in there holds them open. Answer is a new one, though with many types you can unscrew the active bit , clean and replace - though you may alter the relief point so you must test it, or the thing could be a bomb.

You could TRY twistingthe top - it'll go clunk as you turn it, and with luck it might settle better, or worse, depending on the type of luck :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back