Pressure keeps rising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

Please forgive me if a similar thread has been posted. I have been searching the internet for an hour or so looking for suggestions as to what to do.

In my house I have a Ferroli combo boiler 24 D Domicompact. It is a pain. Constantly.

The pressure in the system keeps rising and I am at a loss as to contact a engineer. This morning it hit 4 bar, and started ticking and turned off, according to my other half. I turned the system off, and bled a large amount of water from the system till it was around 1.5 bar. I let it settled for a bit then turned it back on. Went back up to 2 bar, but slowly started increasing.

This is a continuous problem, as I have bled the radiators before to lower the pressure, but it creeps back up.

I am a complete novice and for the most part do not understand the acronyms, so if you have any advice, laymans terms only!

What does the issue sound like? Should I just call my engineer again?

EDIT: bled the system to 1.5. Turned it back on. 15 minutes later, it was at 3 bar again.

Sponsored Links
Does the pressure rise even with the heating turned off? Is your filling loop definitely closed properly?

In that case you most likely have a problem with the expansion vessel - it either needs recharging or replacing

Sponsored Links
An engineer came over to take a look at the problem. The filling loop was letting water into the system and so he removed it. Lowered the pressure to 1 bar, and turned it back on.

It was at 2 bar for a while, however its already creeping back up to 3 bar. At 2.6 now. Is this an expansion vessel problem for certain now?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back