pressure loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 28i RSF, fitted about four years ago
it recently started loosing pressure that i traced to the pressure relief valve
(overflow pipe). Since discovering the cause of the loss ive been reading the manual and in particular the section "pressure relief valve" where it states that if the pressure indicated on the gauge is greater than 2.65 bar when operating at max temp an extra expansion vessel must be fitted.
The temp is exceeding this figure which suggests to me that damage has occured as a result.
A, If this problem has occured since the boiler was fitted what could be the cause?
B, Could this problem have been there since the boiler was fitted, if so why hasn't it damaged anything before now?
Hope this makes sense and any help would be greatly recieved
Thank you :(

Sponsored Links
Hi the water expands as it is heated, and this expansion is taken up by the expansion vessel fitted to your boiler, an extra vessel is only required when the system is large, your problem is more likely to be that the charge pressure in your vessel has been lost and the only way the water can expand has been lost so the pressure rises to a point where the safety valve lifts and discharges through the safety pipe.
You will need someone to check out/recharge or replace your pressure vessel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back