Pressure rads Vokera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a couple of rads in the upstairs of my house. The bathroom rad only gets hot about a quarter of the way up then becomes cold! It is a strange radiator it has a huge nut instead of a small one so a rad key wont fit it obviously! So I used a spanner to get it off so too bleed it, but the nut just came off and nothing happened, no air or water came out! Also the main bedroom gets hot upto about halfway, this is a normal rad so I tried to bleed it but no air or water came out! On the boiler the pressure gauge reads zero (surly it shouldnt work if the pressure is at zero!) Anyway Please help as we freeze our Knackers off when in the bathroom, should I repressurise the boiler? if so how the hell do I do that?

Sponsored Links
Hmm, ok I have read the link, which will bee very helpful! But on pulling out the dishwasher (underneath the boiler!) I see that it looks like that the so called "silver braided pipe" was never fitted as there is 2 threads that look like they should be conected by this! Also in the bottom kitchen draw there is the so called silver braided pipe! with 2 kind of taps as well that look like they need fitting? Now it looks like these will screw on ok should I go ahead and do it? to I need any special tools?

Sponsored Links
Topped up & played around with rads etc then topped up again! Fantastic I think its fixed the problem suuuuperb I am a happy man! Cheers :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back