Pressure Relief Valve Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi Guys,

i have an Ideal Classic boiler, and i'm pretty sure the pressure relief valve is not shutting off properly, i have a constant drip of warm water from the pipe outside, and had the manufacturer out to solve the problem, he told me it is a problem with my header tank (only glanced at the boiler) and they don't touch them so he left, ive later found out i don't even have a header tank in the loft only a cold water tank, and when i removed the upper casing of the boiler (it jus lifts off) it seems the relief valve is covered in the green mould (verdy??) all around the brass connections and copper pipes. i have also found that if i reduce the pressure to below 1 bar the dripping all but stops, but isn't the limit supposed to be 3 bar?

can anyone confirm this is the problem? Also, what is a reasonable price for the replacement of the valve? don't want to get ripped off! (i assume it must be fitted by a corgi registered engineer?)

thanks in advance,

matt

Sponsored Links
If this is an old classic with the sealed system kit I would have thought the manufacturer would change it.

This must be a very old classic though so why would you have had Ideal in? :confused:

The prv is usually easy to change once the system pressure is dropped to zero.

Grey area I think of whether a corgi is needed as it is a non gas carrying part, but is an essential safety device.

Yes prv should open at >=3Bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back