Pressure washers, hire or buy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to pressure wash our back and front patio and was originally looking to hire a decent pressure washer. The only problem is that none of the hire places seem to supply them with the rotary washer attachment and the one that does (Brandon) has the rotary built-in and has had bad reviews. I wonder why the rotary is not included or at least supplied as a separate hire.

There is no way I would embark on this job without this attachment as it will turn what's a messy job into a sand & girt spreader operation making a bigger mess of surrounding areas. I'm aware I'll have to use the lance for sections and clean the underside of the rotary regularly. I'm considering buying the Aldi pressure washer for £200 and getting this rotary attachment from Amazon.

Sponsored Links
For a one off job, buy the titan from screwfix or Hawksmoor From Toolstation.
They come with rotary attachment.
Also Toolstation has a Kercher K2 with rotary attachment for £99 on offer.
Not the best, but surely up to the job.

I don't think they are necessary when cleaning patio slabs that are pointed, I never use one and don't get any notable mess. Different with driveway granite setts and bricks that are sanded in place, this does create some mess but you can still work round it and cover stuff and make sure you work towards an area (like a lawn) where the splatter don't matter.

Sponsored Links
For a one off job, buy the titan from screwfix or Hawksmoor From Toolstation.
They come with rotary attachment.
Also Toolstation has a Kercher K2 with rotary attachment for £99 on offer.
Not the best, but surely up to the job.

I have the titan (Titan TTB669PRW 130bar Pressure Washer 1.8kW 240V) but it's not up to the job, don't get me wrong it's okay but for a deep clean it's not up to it. The other issue is with the rotary tool it's usable but it's a pain as it has a tendency to flip as it's without wheels. I should have mentioned the Aldi one is petrol supplying 180-200 bar. I'd put more faith in the petrol motor than the electric putting out correct pressure tbh.

I don't think they are necessary when cleaning patio slabs that are pointed, I never use one and don't get any notable mess. Different with driveway granite setts and bricks that are sanded in place, this does create some mess but you can still work round it and cover stuff and make sure you work towards an area (like a lawn) where the splatter don't matter.
I'm also bordering a neighbour and there is no wall and will be by a public pathway/road for parts of the job and unfortunately it's not pointed at the front.

The rotary attachments are feeble , just need a decent lance pressure.

When you say feeble have you looked at my suggested combination. I'm aware the rotary splits the flow so won't be as strong as a lance.

When you say feeble have you looked at my suggested combination. I'm aware the rotary splits the flow so won't be as strong as a lance.
Unless it’s a pro model the rotary attachment just squirt water in a circle leaving circles in the grime .

Well as long as it spins at 60 times per second a squirter is fine with me :ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back