Pressure zero when boiler off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope someone can advice?

My girlfriends central heating system _ she was topping up the pressure each day so I thought I'd repressurise the expansion vessell which I thought I did -everything seemed fine pressure was constant for couple of days she switches her central heating off each night and now the pressure drops to zero when she switches it on pressure goes up to just over one bar - is this probably a leak? shes no longer topping up, I never bled the rads was propably going to give it another go and this time make sure no air in system?

Sponsored Links
When you repressurise an expansion vessel it has to be done in accordance with a set procedure.

See the FAQ on this site but ignore any instruction to take out 10 litres extra!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Set system pressure to 1 bar when off and cold.

Hi, Pressure was set to 1bar and remained at 1 bar for a couple of days when it was off or on -now its dropped to zero when off then rises to just under 2 when switched on you can hear water running through the system and radiators seem fine?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back