Primatic cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My HW + CHS is fed by a primatic cylinder, and fired by a relatively new Ideal Classic room-sealed boiler. I am competent at straightforward DIY plumbing.
I wish to replace the radiators in two rooms with smaller modern ones in slightly different positions, and do some other work. This will involve draining the system for several days.
(How) can I do this without draining the cylinder and depriving my family of hot water for a week? If this is unavoidable, what problems might I be looking forward to?
Cheers, ChrisP.

Sponsored Links
You will not be able to drain off just the central heating water in a primatic cylinder :(
Suggest you pull your finger out ;)

Wot even if it is fully pumped, has two zone valves and the HW one remains shut during the drain down and all rad valves firmly shut? Just a guess - wouldnt risk it myself;)

Can I ask how you find the Ideal boiler ? Looking at this one myself as a direct replacement for its grandparent!

Bob

Sponsored Links
Thanks BAHCO, finger outpulled and pointing forward.
ChrisP.

Ideal Classic seems OK so far, 7years and no problems(not as new as I thought perhaps).
PS no zoning and HW is gravity fed.
ChrisP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back