Problem connecting my tablet to TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to connect my tablet to my HD TV.

The tablet is a hudl
The TV is a Sony Bravia 32EX403
The connection is via a Belkin micro HDMI to HDMI cable

When the cable is connected to the TV and the correct HDMI input is selected, the tablet screen is replicated on the TV, however, every few seconds the TV screen goes off for about one second and the sound is muted, then the picture and sound return. This cycle is then repeated continually. Meanwhile the tablet screen is fine.

I have tried changing the resolution in the HDMI tablet settings and have tried both HDMI ports on the TV to no avail. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You sometimes need the power connected to you tablet to use on tv as insufficient power can cause problems.

If you put down my wife's hudl when it's connected to our Panasonic Plasma via a generic eBay lead, then it loses the TV picture for a moment.
Strangely it doesn't seem to have any effect holding or using the hudl, just putting it down. As We have only used it like that a couple of times to catch up with stuff it hasn't been a problem.
Which is no use to you of course.
If it's not what Foxhole said then try another lead, another socket on the tv, another TV or ultimately another Hudl.

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried using the hudl with the power supply connected and it still dropped out.

We took it back to Tesco and they tried it on a Panasonic TV with our Belkin lead and although the picture didn't go off, a thin blue line flashed across the screen at the same time interval and the sound dropped out. Tesco's tech guy then tried another lead, and the same thing still happened. He then said that there would be some updates to the Hudl software in the next 7 to 10 days and suggested we wait for that and see if it fixed the problem, if not they would swap the hudl for us. So that's where we are now.

Sponsored Links
Back