Problem Fixing Back to Wall toilet onto floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Victoria Plumb, Arc back to wall toilet that I need to fix on to the floor, but I can't work out how to do it in this case.

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Toilet...l-Toilet-including-Soft-Closing-Seat_99.htmll

The first two pictures are of the base of the toilet, which has a wide section at the very base, in the third sketch I've drawn an outline of the toilet wall, and to the left what the fixing bracket would look like in place. The problem is the wide base keeps the bracket too far from the screw hole for the screw to reach.

Any ideas or guidance would be appreciated.

Do I need a special fixing kit?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
http://www.screwfix.com/p/rawlplug-67-488-adjustable-wc-or-bidet-fixing-kit/7837f

Yeah, I've got one of those, so, can the base of the bracket rest on top of the lip of the toilet base? Meaning that the bracket itself can't sit flat on the floor and be close enough to the screw hole for the screw to reach.

What's really needed is for manufacturers to think about the practicalities of the item they are producing. The combination of a 'Back-to-wall' toilet & Victoria Plumb is disasterous.

Having said that, having struggled with countless 'Back-to wall' toilets I would suggest the following:

Move the floor brackets so that they are inside the base of the pan and use longer screws with plastic screw caps. Mastic around the base of the pan and around the back of the pan when in position. The combination of these things will ensure that the pan doesn't move. It is possible to just mastic a pan to the floor with no fixings although on standard toilets it is helped by the fixings going through the cistern.

Use a flexi connector to join the pan to the soil pipe and do not put any lubricant on the spigot, especially if the pan has one of those utterly ridiculous tapered ones.

To test before masticking, slide a piece of thin card under the pan and flush, remove the card and see if it's wet.

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
What's really needed is for manufacturers to think about the practicalities of the item they are producing. The combination of a 'Back-to-wall' toilet & Victoria Plumb is disasterous.

Having said that, having struggled with countless 'Back-to wall' toilets I would suggest the following:

Move the floor brackets so that they are inside the base of the pan and use longer screws with plastic screw caps. Mastic around the base of the pan and around the back of the pan when in position. The combination of these things will ensure that the pan doesn't move. It is possible to just mastic a pan to the floor with no fixings although on standard toilets it is helped by the fixings going through the cistern.

Use a flexi connector to join the pan to the soil pipe and do not put any lubricant on the spigot, especially if the pan has one of those utterly ridiculous tapered ones.

To test before masticking, slide a piece of thin card under the pan and flush, remove the card and see if it's wet.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot squeaky, advice much appreciated :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back