Problem with hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I’ve got Biasi Combi Boiler Riva Plus HE M296.28SM/C.
The heating seems to work fine. There is no problem with hot water when the central heating is on. But with the central heating switched off, when I open the tap to get hot water, the boiler ignites and the flame is on for a few seconds and then it goes off. This repeats several times then the boiler fault code appears - left lamp on (green), middle lamp flashing red and the right lamp flashing green - which according to the manual is „safety thermostat lock out” fault. The last thing to mention is that every now and then (after many tries) the hot water goes on even with the central heating off, but that's very rare and requires re-seting locked out boiler.
Could anyone advise me what problem with the boiler might that be? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
It's probably a blocked secondary heat exchanger.

This can be cleaned our by a gas fitter that knows what he's doing.

It's easy to tell if you were stood in front of it and the fault could be determined straight away.

Four new washers half ab hours work and it should be up and running !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back