Problem with Johno Water Based Undercoat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I opened a tin of Jo Water Based U/c after about 6 months and it's separated into some solid-ish pigment and no doubt other magic ingredients and some thin watery stuff. Have stirred....and stirred....and stirred....and now it's thicker but still with too many tiny lumps in to use.
Anyone had this before or suggest how to get it usable again, or is it impossible & it'll need to be chucked? Thanks for your help.
I guess the storage might not've helped - the cupboard it's in got pretty warm! :(
Cheers - I do appreciate you guys' help!

Sponsored Links
You could spoon it through a plastic sieve but given how cheap the paint is you might find it more cost effective to bin the tin.

You can get a paint-stirring tool, like a propellor on a rod, that goes into an electric drill. I'd be willing to do that if I was doing a fence or shed, but not for decorating the house.

Maybe air got at it, or maybe it froze in winter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back