Problem with Main 24HE boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem with my Main boiler, where the heating and hot water both work together even when I put it on hot water ONLY.
The pump seems to run, and as result the heating constantly stays on.

I also noticed a slight leak to the diaphragm. I am unsure if that is at the front or the top of the diaphragm.

Can anyone advise what the issue could be?

Many thanks
Tony

Sponsored Links
If the rads heat up while using hot water then the diverter manifold section is sticking.

If the boiler runs all the time then the diverter pin is stuck put or more likely the micro switch is failed.

It can leak from several different places and of course from more than one place!

Tony

Hi,

I noticed that the pin in the diverter value does not move to touch the plate at any point. Is this referring to when you said "If the boiler runs all the time then the diverter pin is stuck put or more likely the micro switch is failed."

Should this pin move to touch the plate when putting the hot water on?

Thanks
Tony

Sponsored Links
The pin should only be out about 2 mm and extend to operate the switch to about 8mm when water is taken.

"Plate" ?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back