Problem with new mono bloc tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a new kitchen at home, I have just put in the monobloc 1/4 turn tap on 15mm pipe work with flexi hose connectors.
When I have opened the isolater valves, the cold water runs non stop and doesnt go off or increase in pressure when the tap is turned, its just a constant blast.
The hot water responds to being turned on/off but is only trickling out.
I have the washing machine plumbed in less than a metre away and the pressures are fine in hot and cold as I have tested this with the hoses disconnected from the back of the machine, and also the bathroom upstairs taps are working as normal.
I am not using a combi system, just a hot water cylinder and cold water storage.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Richie.

Sponsored Links
Is it a new tap? Sounds like you've a dodgy one. Had a basin monobloc recently that had to be returned because it wouldnt shut off. Replacement was fine.

Its new out of the box, I bought it about 6 months ago though, was hoping I could replace the washers or airblock or something rather than the whole tap itself.

I stripped the offending tap down to have a look. Washers looked fine, no evidence of damage, couldnt feel any rough spots on seating. Think is was made by Deva from memory. Returned it to Screwfix, replacement sent out, fitted and working with no problems.

Your's is a quarter turn though. No washers! I would think either the discs were misaligned during manufacture or they are not rotating when tap heads are turned to allow water through or shut water off.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back